- 1927, born in Ljubljana
- 1954, Bachelor of Science in Structural Engineering, Technical Faculty, University of Zagreb.
- 1960, Doctor of Philosophy, summa cum laude, Munich University.
- 1955-6, structural engineer in the metal structures, factory “Metalna”, Maribor.
- 1957-62, assistant professor;
- 1962-4, associate professor of Reinforced concrete, Civil Engineering Faculty;
- 1964-75, professor of theory of structures;
- 1975-94, professor of structural design, Faculty of Architecture, University of Zagreb.
- 1994, retired.
- 1960, scholarship of the Humboldt-foundation spent at the Civil Engineering Faculty Munich.
- 1971, post-doctoral fellowship at the Civil Engineering Department of Edmonton University.
Educational engagements complemented by practical engineering work in Faculties, Institutes. Moreover, ferial 1 month's work during summer vacations in Emch+Berger Ingenieurbűro, Bern; Gruner & Jauslin Ingenieure SIA, Basel; Zűblin AG, Stuttgart; Ruthner Stahlbau, Vienna; Simmering-Graz-Pauker AG, Vienna; Danish Building Research Institute, Copenhagen; Etudes technique et industrialisation de la construction, Lausanne. His Fortran-program for the analysis of tall building structures is held in the American Concrete Institute, s Library. The results of his investigations of panel walls are published by the Danish Building Research Institute.
Mentor or committee member for numerous doctoral and professional elections at domestic and foreign universities.
For renown editors reviwed many scientific and professional books
Awards and homages
- 1968, “Nikola Tesla” Award for scientific achievements of Republic of Croatia.
- 1975, Award of Yugoslav civil engineers, association, Belgrade.
- 1993, “Life Accomplishement Award” of Republic of Croatia.
- Referenced in Longman's “Who is Who in Science”, and “Who is Who in Science and Engineering” Essex.
- Regurarly and comprehensively also referenced in Marquis "Who's Who in the World", and "Who is who in Science and Engineering", New Providence, "for his credentials which earned him a place among the most influential individuals in the world".
- Comprehensively referenced in the book "2000 Outstanding Intellectuals of the 21st Century" edited by the International Biographical Centre, Cambridge, England and issued a corresponding diploma for "Outstanding Contributions to Structural and Earthquake Engineering", granted the "Lifetime Achievement Award" and nominated in its Research Council.
- Nominated for membership on the Research Association's Board of Governors of the American Biographical Institute Research Association, Releigh.
- Attributed as "A leading scientist of the world in the arena of structural and earthquake engineering" by the International Biographical Centre, Cambridge (2005.), referenced in its Awards Roster and granted a corresponding diploma.
- An extensive homage entitled "Academician Riko Rosman - a top scientist and educator" published in the roads' and bridges' journal "Ceste i mostovi".
- Offered to join the international working groups "Torsion in Structures", "Behavior of Irregular and Complex Structures" and "Seismic Behavior of Asymmetric and Set-Back Structures".
- Was offered the IBC's Salute to Greatness Award and The Excellence Award, 2006.
- 2007, the American Biographical Institute nominated dr. Rosman to enter the " Order of American Ambassadors", a guild dedicated to promote international unity, as a "Sovereign ambassador", on the basis of his outstanding achivements and continuous display of honor, dedication and influence to all.
- 1988-90. Collaborating member;
- 1990. Associate member; since
- 1991. Full member of Croatian Academy of Sciences and Arts.
- Until retirement Member of the International Association for Shell and Spatial Structures, the American Association of Civil Engineers, the American Concrete Institute.
Mathematical foundation and formulations in Structural mechanics. Statics, Stability, Kinematics and Dynamics of rigid and deformable structures. Design and analysis of buildings and other architectural structures. Development of rational and economic systems considering also the effects of earthquake excitations and soil deformation and the impact of prefabrication.
Rosman's approaches generally attributed as "simple and easily understandably interpretations of involved structural problems" by prof. J. Schlaich, one of Germany's leading structural engineers.
- 8 books on the analysis of building structures and earthquake-resistant design; two of them published in Zagreb, six by Springer-Verlag, Berlin, New-York and Ernst & Sohn, Berlin-Munich. Three of them translated into Polish language by Arkady, Warsaw, and partly into Japanese and Spanish. They are world-wide partly comprehensively referenced, even in Australia and New Zealand, for example, and applied in research institutes and engineering offices.
- 223 papers published in Gradjevinar, Zagreb; Naše gradjevinarstvo, Belgrade; Oesterreichische Ingenieur – und Architekten-Zeitschrift, Vienna; Bauingenieur, Berlin; Bautechnik, Berlin; Beton- und Stahlbetonbau, Berlin; Civil Engineering, London; VDI-Zeitschrift, Dűsseldorf; Journal of the American Concrete Institute, Detroit; Ingenieur-Archiv, Berlin; Deutsche Bauzeitschrift, Gűtersloh; Acta Technica Academiae Scientiarum Hungaricae, Budapest; Rad JAZU, Zagreb, Croatia; Proceeding of the American Society of Civil Engineers, New York; Schweizerische Bauzeitung, Zűrich; Proceedings of the Institution of Civil Engineers, London; Structural Engineer, London; Building Science, Oxford; Izgradnja, Belgrade; Building and Environment, Oxford; Stavebnicky časopis, Bratislava; Dokumentacija za gradjevinarstvo i arhitekturu, Belgrade; Wissenschaftliche Zeitschrift der Universität Dresden; Bulletin SANU, Belgrade; RAD HAZU, Zagreb; Stahlbau, Berlin; Building Research Journal, Bratislava; Laboratorio de Engenharia de Angola, Angola; Gradbeni vestnik, Ljubljana, Slovenia; Concrete, London; International Civil Engineering Monthly, Tel Aviv; International Journal for Housing Science and its Applications, Miami; IPC Science and Technology Press, Guilford; Graditelj, Zagreb; Tehnički vjesnik - Technical Gazette, Slavonski Brod
- 13 extensive monographic publications in encyclopedic editions:Croatian Technical Encyclopedia, Zagreb; Structural Year-Books, Belgrade.
- 104 reports, partly general reports, presented world-wide at international, regional and national congresses, symposia and conferences and printed in their editions.
Seminars. Organized, led and/or contributed to 10 seminar-courses on advanced design and analysis methods in structural and earthquake engineering at the Institute for Theory of Structures, Ljubljana, The Institute for Architecture, Sarajevo and The Association of Civil Engineers, Zagreb.
Working groups. Contributed rational analysis and design methods to the Yugoslav Aseismic Code. As member of the Joint Committee of the American Society of Civil Engineers and the International Association for Bridge and Structural Engineering contributed to the International Monograph on the Design of Tall Concrete and Masonry Buildings, edited by ASCE, New York, 1978. As member of the Working Group for Panel Systems of the International Association for Shell and Spatial Structures authored the section on Aseismic Design of the International Panel-Systems Recommendations. Collaborated with the Council on Tall Buildings and Urban Habitat. Continuously leads scientific research programs for the Croatian ministry for science.
40 Invited Lectures on the results of his professional research held at Croatian Association of Civil Engineers, Zagreb; University of Karlsruhe; Technical University Dresden; Technical University Berlin; Technical University Braunschweig; Ruhr-University, Bochum; Chalmers Tekniska Hőgskola, Gothenburg (Sweden); Tekniska Hőgskola, Lund (Sweden); University of Alberta , Edmonton (Canada); MacMaster University, Hamilton (Canada); Sir George Williams University, Montreal; University of Waterloo; University of Toronto; University of Calgary (Canada); Cornell University, Ithaca (USA); Dansk Betonforening, Copenhagen; Denmarks Ingenieorakademi, Aalborg (Denmark); University of Innsbruck (Austria); Stuttgart University; Gesamthochschule Kassel (Germany); Reinforced Concrete Institute of the Technical University Darmstadt (Germany). Invited to deliver a four lectures' course at Technion, Haifa.