Date of birth:
Place of birth:
Functions at the Academy:
Membership in Academy:
From the foundation of ICSOBA, (International Committee for the Study of Bauxite, Alumina and Aluminium) 1963 in Zagreb she participated in planning and realization of all manifestations of ICSOBA as a member of Organization Committees, and 3 times as President of the Organizing Committee. 9 International Congresses of ICSOBA were held: in Zagreb 1963, in Budapest, Hungary 1968, in Nice, France 1973, in Athens, Greece 1978, in Zagreb, Croatia 1983, in Brazil 1988, in Hungary 1992, in Milan, Italia 1997, in Wien Austria 2002, and 17 International Symposia ICSOBE between 1963 and 2006: 4 in Zagreb and Dubrovnik, 1 in Leoben, Austria, 1 in Greece, 3 in Hungary, 2 in Italy, 1 in Jamaica, 1 in Slovakia, 1 in Russia, 1 Theran, Iran, 1 in India, and 1 in Montreal, Canada.
2008 she is Co-chairperson, with prof. dr.sc. P. Paschen from Austria, of Scientific Committee of 10th Inernational Congress of ICSOBA: „Bauxite, Alumina an Aluminium Industry of the Austral-Asia and New Techniological Advances“ in Bhubaneswar, Orissa, India, 27 – 29 Novemner 2008.
She presented original scientific papers from her research field in 9 Congresses and 12 Symposia of ICSOBA.
From 1978 she is reelected every 5 years as the General Secretary of ICSOBA by the General Assembly of ICSOBA until today.
From 1996 to 2006 she is „redactéur en chef“ of 13 issues of the Journal TRAVAUX de l'ICSOBA annual Journal from the ICSOBA foundation.
She participated in organization, as a member of the Organizing Committee of several international and domestic scientific Congresses and Symposia on Corrosion and Protection of Metals, and organized, as the Chairperson of the Organizing Committee, International Symposium:“Symposium on Corrosion Control by Coatings, Cathodic Protection and Ihibitors in Seawater“, 223 rd Event of the European Federation of Corrosion, 4th- 7th October 1998 in Dubrovnik, Croatia.
O. Šarc-Lahodny - principal investigator
- 1955-1963: Technical Faculty,University of Zagreb: „Physical Chemistry“ ,“Chemistry of Silicates“, Seminars and Laboratory.
- 1963-1977: Technological Faculty, University of Zagreb: Courses: „Chemistry and Technology of Silicates“, “Oxide Ceramics and Cermets“.
- 1977-1988: Faculty of Mining, Geology and Petroleum Engineering, University of Zagreb, Courses: „Chemistry“, „Selected Topics in Chemistry“.
Mentor of 87 theses for Dipl. Ing. Degree of Technological Faculty. and 5 of Mining,Geology and Petroleum Engineering Faculty in Zagreb.
- 1967-1977: Technological Faculty, University of Zagreb, courses: „Chemical Kinetics“, „Corrosion and Protection of Metals - Inhibitors“, „Chemistry of Silicates“.
- 1977-1988: Mining, Geology and Petroleum Engineering Faculty, University of Zagreb, courses: „Corrosion and Protection in Petroleum Engineering“, „Physical Chemistry of dirilling muds“, „Colloid Chemistry and Surface Chemistry“.
- Postgraduate study „Oceanology“, Faculty of Natural Sciences and Mathematics, a course: „Corrosion and fouling of sailing and construction objects in the seawater“.
Mentor 17 theses for Master of Science degree in Technological Faculty (actually Faculty of Chemical Engineering) in Zagrebu, 2 theses for Master of Science degree in Science and Mathematical Faculty in Zagreb.
Mentor of 8 theses for D. Sc. in Technological Faculty (Faculty of Chemical Engineering), and one thesis for D.Sc. in Minig, Geology and Petroleum Engineering in Zagreb.