Deputy: Prof. Dr. Sc. Tomislav Filetin, associate member of the Croatian Academy
Contact person: Ms. Nena Bogdanić Phone: 38514895178, E-mail: email@example.com
The Scientific Council for Technological Development was founded on 5 April 1993 within the Departments of Mathematical, Physical and Chemical Sciences, as well as of Technical Sciences. Vojislav Bego, F.C.A. was elected the Council Chairman. After his death in 1999, the new chairman was not elected until 2003. On 5 March 2003, the Department of Technical Sciences reached the decision to reactivate this Council, which was – for the sake of continuity – to include the Section for Production Sciences, until that time having been independently active within the Department. Božidar Liščić, F.C.A. was proposed as the new Council Chairman; this was subsequently confirmed at the inaugural conference held on 1st July 2003.
Mission and scope of activities
The major Council mission is working out and proposing adequate activities for conducting technology policy at the national level, which, inter alia, comprise:
- Following the development trends worldwide and proposing one’s own scientific-research-related priorities;
- Developing a national system of scientific and technology-related information;
- Proposing models for graduate, postgraduate and lifelong-learning programmes;
- Acquiring and rational use of research and technological equipment;
- Forming appropriate national institutions and research-and-development centres.
The Council activities comprise the areas of sciences and technology that have a direct impact on the industrial production in the Republic of Croatia, and particularly on the increase in export and added value achieved through the production processes. Council recommendations and opinions on topical issues, which are developed as a result of public debates and lectures by distinguished scientists, are published in the Bulletin of the Department of Technical Sciences.