Personal pages menu
Date of birth:
Place of birth:
Address: Odsjek za povijest hrvatske književnosti, Opatička 18, 10000 Zagreb
assistant professor - Croatian Catholic University in Zagreb
(2015. - ...)
(2019. - ...)
Research associate - The Institute for the History of Croatian Literature, Theater and Music, The Division for the History of Croatian Literature
(2008. - 2019.)
DOB: April 15, 1957
Place of birth: Dubrovnik, Croatia
- primary and secondary school in Dubrovnik
- 1982 - B. A., Croatian Language and Literature, College of Arts and Humanities, University of Zagreb . Also studied Foreign Trade and Russian Language and Comparative Literature.
- 1995 - M. A. thesis: Dubrovnik Playwright Pjerko Bunić Luković, College of Arts and Humanities, University of Zagreb .
- 1998 - Ph. D. thesis: Mavro Vetranović at the tri-border point of stylistic formation, College of Arts and Humanities, University of Zadar .
- 1982 – Croatian language instructor in Velenje, Slovenia
- 1982/1983 – Croatian language primary school teacher, primary school “Lučko”, Zagreb , Croatia .
- 1984 – fully employed anchor, Radio station Zagreb (today: Croatian Radio - Studio Zagreb)
- Since 1992 - member of DHK (Croatian Writers Association).
- 1992 – Croatian PEN Center, part-time editor of special editions of Most (The Bridge) magazine, published in Croatian, English, Spanish, Italian, French and German languages, for the 59th PEN World Congress in Dubrovnik
- 1993 – fully employed at the Croatian Academy of Sciences and Arts (HAZU) as copy-editor for the academy and editorial secretary of Forum magazine
- 1995 - assistant, 1999 - senior assistant, 2002 - scientific counsellor at the HAZU Institute for the History of Croatian Literature, Theatre and Music in Zagreb .
- since 2002. Matica Hrvatska
- Member of Croatian Writer's Association (DHK). Since 2005 president of supervisory committee of DHK.
- Since 2003 editor of literary magazine “Republika”.
- Since 2001 free-lance lecturer of courses in Croatian literature (Croatian literature of the early and late Middle Ages; Croatian Renaissance Literature; Croatian literature of Catholic Restoration and First Enlightenment; Croatian Literature of Pre-Romantic and Romantic Period; Contemporary Literary practicum) at the Department of Liberal Arts and Humanities, University of Split.
- In academic year 2004/2005 held a seminar on René Girard's philosophy at the College of Liberal Arts of Society of Jesus in Zagreb.
- In 2007, president of the Advisory Committee for the "Ksaver Šandor Gjalski" Award for the best prose work in Croatia .
- President of the Croatian Association for Generative Anthropology.
Activities at the Division:
- Participation in the scientific research project Milan Begović, Complete Works; (principal researcher, Tihomil Maštrović, Ph. D.) editing and amending volume XIX – Correspondence of Milan Begović; preparing volume XX (Letters to Milan Begović, part I); working on volume XXI (Letters to Milan Begović, part II).
- Author of the exhibition Jure Kaštelan Dec. 2000 - Jan. 2001, National Hall HAZU, Opatička street 18.
Participation at scholarly symposia:
- 1995 – Scholarly Symposium on Slavko Ježić, Literary Historian
- 1996 – Dani hvarskog kazališta (Hvar Theater Days)
- Vladimir Nazor Today
- Literature in Osijek and about Osijek from its Beginnings to the Present
- The Reception of Milan Begović
- 1997 – The Scholarly Activity of Franjo Fancev
- 1998 – Vladimir Nazor
- 1999 – Hvar Theater Days
- Croatia in the Works of Ivo Pilar
- 2000 - Intrenational Scientific Workshop - Pluriliguism in Middle Europe - Interuniversity Center, Dubrovnik
- Croatian literature before the National Revival
- Generative Antrophology